nlighten takes data protection seriously and has implemented various measures to ensure that our clients’ personal data is stored appropriately and securely. This summary seeks to provide an explanation of those measures and what they mean in practice.
We have an appointed, named, Data Protection Officer who is responsible for ensuring that nlighten is fully compliant with relevant data protection laws and that the laws and the provisions of our own policy are understood and implemented consistently and effectively by all those with data handling responsibilities.
- Definitions: this section provides contextual definitions for “personal data”, “non personal data” and “processing”.
- Our Principles for Processing Personal Data: this section outlines and explains our principles which include: “fairness and lawfulness”, “restricted to a specific purpose” and “transparency”.
- What personal data we collect and process: this section specifies the different types of personal data that we collect.
- How we use the personal data: this section indicates the different purposes for which personal data is collected and used
- Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data: this explains how the legal basis for our collection and use of personal data is dependent upon the specific context in which we collect the information.
- Retention of personal data: this section confirms that personal information is kept only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out for it as described within the policy.
- Storing and deleting your personal information: this section explains that the time for which data is held may be determined by relevant lay and regulation and confirms that data will be deleted once it is no long require for the identified processing purposes.
- Data protection rights: this section sets out specific rights for residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) as well as broader data protection rights available.
- Changes to this Policy: this section outlines the circumstances under which changes may be made and how these changes will be communicated. It also explains that further information may be provided to those using specific products or services regarding any additional data collected in relation to those services or products.
- Data Protection Officer and how to contact us: this section confirms that our practices are fully compliant with relevant data protection laws, provides a reminder of the existence of individual data protection rights and gives details of our appointed Data Protection Officer and how they can be contacted.